Published on December 11th, 2018 | by William Charles176
[Dead] Capital One Venture 75,000 Point Sign Up Bonus (Worth $750 Or 56,250 Airline Miles)
Update 3 (12/11/18): Capital One has reached out to state the 75,000 point bonus ended yesterday. Bonus has now been reduced to 50,000 points.
Update 12/11/18: Bonus has been reduced to 50,000 today. I can’t find any live links, if anyone finds one, please let us know.
- Capital One is offering a bonus of 75,000 miles after $5,000 in spend on the Capital One Venture card in celebration of miles being transferable to 12 airline programs at a rate of 2:1.5
- $95 annual fee; fee is waived the first year
- Card earns 2x points everywhere (the equivalent of 2% everywhere or 1.5 airline miles per $1 spent ) and 10x on Hotels.com purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- TSA PreCheck/Global Entry credit
- Visa Signature benefits
Standard bonus on this card is 50,000 miles, so this is an extra 25,000 miles. We have seen some targeted offers of 100,000 miles but those are rare. Points are worth 1¢ each when redeeming to offset travel costs or in gift card redemption (e.g. Amazon). You can also now transfer to 12 airline programs as well at a 2:1.5 rate, this would mean the bonus is worth 56,250 airline miles. The downside to this bonus is the card is issued by Capital One and they do a hard pull on all three credit bureaus. Keep in mind, you can freeze your Experian or Transunion and limit the pulls to just two (note: some have had problems with this method). Check out these Things to Know about Capital One Credit Cards before applying. People often get denied by Capital One for various reasons.
Looks like Capital One will become a serious player in the rewards credit card market with these changes. I think they’d be wise to remove the three credit pull policy for premium cards like this, but that probably only makes a small difference to communities like ours. We will be adding this bonus to our list of the best credit card bonuses.