Published on August 4th, 2017 | by William Charles67
Cathay Pacific Credit Card Bonus Increased To 50,000 Miles After $2,500 In Spend
- Synchrony & Cathay Pacific have increased the sign up bonus on their cobranded credit card to 50,000 miles after $2,500 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening.
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
- Offer expires October 31st, 2017 according to e-mail sent out to members.
Standard bonus on this card is 25,000 and that’s the only bonus we’ve ever seen. This is double that and in my opinion makes signing up for the card worth it. Keep in mind that this card is issued by Synchrony, I’d recommend reading this post about them before applying. It seems that they always pull TransUnion for applications. You can read our full review of the card here (just note the higher sign up bonus now available). It is worth remembering that SPG, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay.
In terms of using Cathay Pacific miles below is their award chart (found here):
I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on redeeming miles, because I’m not. I’d recommend you read this post over at Travel is Free to get a good idea on the best uses of these miles. Let me know if you’re going to apply for this card in the comments and if so what your plans are for the miles. Also keep in mind that miles expire after a three year period and the only way to extend them is by paying a fee.