Published on April 1st, 2018 | by William Charles17
[Expired] Cathay Pacific Credit Card Bonus Increased To 60,000 Miles
Bonus has been reduced to 35,000 points until August. Fingers crossed we see another big offer then. Click here for more Cathay Pacific news & deals.
- Synchrony & Cathay Pacific have increased the sign up bonus on their cobranded credit card to 60,000 miles. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 35,000 miles after $2,500 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening
- 25,000 miles when you spend an additional $7,500 in spend within the first 12 months
- Offer expires June 30th, 2018
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
- Not available to applicants who have or have had the Cathay Pacific Visa card. Not sure if this is enforced?
Standard bonus is 25,000 miles after $2,500 in spend. We did see an offer for 50,000 miles after $2,500 in spend and I think it’s best to compare to that offer as most people wouldn’t be interested in the 25,000 mile level. This is an extra 10,000 miles to that 50,000 mile offer, but it does require an additional $7,500 in spend. If that spend was put on 2% cashback card you would earn $150, with this bonus you’d earn 17,500 miles (10,000 extra miles compared to the 50,000 mile bonus and 7,500 miles from the spend). If you can easily meet spend requirements then this bonus would be more attractive, but I think most people would prefer to put that additional $7,500 towards other minimum spend requirements.
A few other things to note:
- Read this post if you’re not familiar with Synchrony credit cards
- Our full review of this card can be found here
- SPG, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay Pacific
- Cathay Pacific award chart is as follows:
Hat tip to reader @uponarriving