Published on July 18th, 2019 | by William Charles10
Cathay Pacific Synchrony Credit Card 50,000 Mile Bonus
- Cathay Pacific is offering a bonus of up to 50,000 miles on the co-branded Synchrony credit card. Bonus broken down as follows:
- 30,000 miles after $2,000 in spend within the first 90 days
- Additional 20,000 miles after $6,000 extra spend within the first six months
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
We’ve seen deals of 65,000 miles before and targeted offers of up to 90,000 miles. So this isn’t as competitive as those. Few other things to note:
- Read this post if you’re not familiar with Synchrony credit cards
- Our full review of this card can be found here
- Marriott, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay Pacific
- Cathay Pacific award charts can be found here.
Because we’ve seen better offers on this card, we won’t be adding it to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Thomas & TW