Published on February 6th, 2019 | by William Charles100
[Targeted] Cathay Pacific Synchrony Credit Card 90,000 Mile Bonus
I have now confirmed that the URL sent out via e-mail is not unique. Keep in mind the following:
- 90,000 bonus is not mentioned on the application page at all. Use this at your own risk
- Even though the URL is not unique, specific accounts might be targeted and others not targeted. Again use this link at your own risk
- Use this link at your own risk. I have no idea if it will work or not.
Click here for the direct link. Goodluck to the brave among us that go for it. May you yell the battlecry of be the data point you want to see as you click apply.
Targeted offer sent out via e-mail. Subject line is ‘2019 is the year of rewards! Earn up to 90,000 Miles and more’
- Cathay Pacific is offering some members a bonus of up to 90,000 miles on the co-branded Synchrony credit card. Bonus broken down as follows:
- 50,000 miles after $5,000 in spend within the first 90 days
- Additional 40,000 miles after $5,000 extra spend within the first six months
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
- Not available to applicants who have or have had the Cathay Pacific Visa card. Not sure if this is enforced?
There’s actually a direct link, but I’m not sure if the promo code at the end is unique or not. If anybody else also got this e-mail I’d love to know what your link was (feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com. I won’t share it unless it’s the same as the other readers). We’ve seen deals of 65,000 miles before, this is an extra 25,000 miles but does require $10,000 in spend vs $5,000. The offer you prefer will depend on how easily you can hit the $10,000 spend requirement. Very strong offer if you can and worth doing IMO.
A few other things to note:
- Read this post if you’re not familiar with Synchrony credit cards
- Our full review of this card can be found here
- Marriott, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay Pacific
- Cathay Pacific award charts can be found here.
Hat tip to reader Brad C (Chase Global Travel Group)