Published on June 1st, 2015 | by Chuck50
Chase $500 Checking and Savings Bonus Publicly Available [Act Fast]
Typically, the offers from Chase of $450 or $500 for opening a Checking and Savings account are targeted or available for purchase on eBay. The offer is currently available for anyone who has a Chase online account. We don’t know how long it will last. You don’t need to complete the offer right now, but go ahead and click the link and get the coupon now, so you’ll have it to use before July 15 when the coupon exprires.
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: Nationwide (must open account in branch)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Not available when opening in branch
- Monthly fees: $10-12, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date: July 15, 2015 (although these coupons have a limited number, so will run out well before then)
The link will prompt you to sign into your Chase account and will then generate a unique coupon code. You need to print out the coupon and bring it into your local Chase branch to get this offer.
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase total checking account and set up a direct deposit.
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 10 days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days.
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those who have had accounts closed in the last 90 days (or with a negative balance)
- Direct deposit must be received within 60 days of account opening
- “Direct deposit must be paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government”
- Must open account in branch
- Bonuses will appear within 10 days of meeting the requirements
- Interest rate on the Chase savings account is 0.01%
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $4 in most states and $5 in CA, FL, GA, ID, NV, OR and WA. Monthly fee is waived with any of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more.
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more. One time transfers do not qualify.
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
The Chase Total Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $10-$12 which is waived if complete any of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
With these e-mail coupon bonuses, there is only a certain amount of them before they run out – if you’re thinking of doing this deal I’d recommend acting quickly to get the coupon.
Here’s how to go about getting this $500 offer:
- Go to a local Chase branch and open a Savings and Checking account.
- Deposit $1500 (or a little less to account for the future direct deposit) into the checking and $15,000 into the Savings.
- Get a direct deposit to the Chase checking account. See what has counted for direct deposit in the past here. (Personally, I did a $100 ACH push from Serve a couple of months ago and it worked.) This will trigger the bonus requirement.
- Be sure that you always have $1500 in the Checking account and $300 in the Savings account to keep it fee-free.
- Wait until the Tuesday after completing the requirements for the bonus to post. (Chase is weird and always posts the bonuses on a Tuesday). If you don’t receive the bonus, use another direct deposit to try and trigger it.
- Wait 90 days before pulling $14,700 out of the Savings account and into your regular high-interest checking account.
- Wait until 6 months after the opening date.
- Withdraw all funds & close the accounts, getting ready to do it all again in 2016.
Chase bank bonuses are one of the best bank bonus there is. There is no minimum on the direct deposit requirement, it’s easy to keep the account fee free and the bonuses are massive as well. If you’ve never completed a bank bonus before, this is the one to get your feet wet with. We’ll be adding this bonus into our list of Best Bank Bonuses while it’s available.
In the past, we saw a $175 Savings deal (expired) which didn’t require tying up the money for 90 days, but that was the anomaly; typically you need to tie up the funds.
Another interesting thing to note is that this link (above) is capable of generating multiple unique coupon codes to the same Chase account. So if you want to save a second code for a friend, just log out and click the link again to get a second unique code. (You may not even have to log out.)
HT: David217 on MyFico