Published on August 26th, 2019 | by Chuck55
Chase Freedom & Freedom Unlimited $200 Signup Bonus Offer with $500 Spend Requirement
- Chase changed the signup bonus on the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards. The new bonus on both cards is $200 cash back after spending $500 within 3 months.
- No annual fee
- Freedom Unlimited earns 1.5% on all purchases
- Freedom earns 1% on all purchases, 5% on rotating categories (up to $1,500 per quarter)
- Card earns cash back, but if you have a premium Chase card like the Sapphire Reserve/Preferred, the cash works like Ultimate Rewards points
- Full Freedom Unlimited review here
Standard offer on both has typically been $150/$500, so this is a small boost. There are occasionally targeted or branch offers of $300 for either of the cards.
For the past number of months, Freedom Unlimited has been going with a completely different incentive, offering 3% back on up to $20k in purchases during the first year. Now, they’ve reverted back to the more typical bonus structure, and both Freedom cards now offer $200 bonus on $500 spend.
Hat tip to reader HCL