Published on January 8th, 2018 | by Chuck64
[Dead] Chase Southwest 50,000 Points Offer Available on both Personal Cards – Perfect for Companion Pass
Update 05/18/18: These links are no longer working.
Update 01/08/17: The referral links are working again so please consider using one of those.
Looks like the referral links are no longer working, but these direct links do:
The 50k referral offer on the Chase Southwest cards are back:
- Signup for a new Chase Southwest Plus personal card and get 50,000 Southwest miles after spending $2,000 within 3 months
- Signup for a new Chase Southwest Premier personal card and get 50,000 Southwest miles after spending $2,000 within 3 months
- The referrer also gets a bonus of 5,000 (?) points per referral
There is a trick to get the 50,000 referral link, as outlined by Travelinpoints:
If you use the Twitter option, the generated link will show an offer similar to the public one of 40,000 points. However, if you use another option like Facebook, the 50k offer link will appear. There is an odd popup that shows about the offer not being available, but seconds later it clears up and shows the 50k offer properly.
- Plus version has $69 annual fee, NOT waived the first year; Premier version has $99 annual fee, NOT waived the first year
- Plus version get 3,000 annual bonus, Premier version gets 6,000 points annual bonus
- 2x points on Southwest purchases, 1x everywhere else
The public links are 40,000 for both personal cards and 60,000 for the business card version. Use the public link when signing up for a business card and use a referral when signing up for either of the personal cards to get the 50k bonus. Just remember: 5/24 does apply on the Southwest cards which makes most of us ineligible for approval.
Those who are under 5/24 can easily get the Companion Pass for almost two years using the Southwest cards signup bonus. Either sign up for one personal and one business card to net 110,000 points. Or sign up for both personal cards which gets you 100,000 points + 4,000 points when meeting the minimum spend, then get the final 6,000 necessary points organically.
We have seen 60k offers on Southwest personal cards, so this isn’t the best ever, but probably not a good idea to hold your breath for those offers if you get a strong value out of the Companion Pass since timing the pass correctly is probably more important. [Update: seems there may be public links to the Southwest 50k bonuses as well.]
Please don’t leave Southwest referrals in the comments here, please head over to this dedicated thread instead. If you’re signing up for one of these cards, please use a fellow reader’s link from that thread.