Published on July 26th, 2016 | by William Charles13
[PA only] Citadel Credit Union 3% Balance Transfer Bonus (Up To $300) With No Fees
Deal is back
- Receive a bonus of 3% when you make a balance transfer to your Citadel credit card, there are also no balance transfer fees and this offer is open to new & existing customers. None of their cards have any sign up bonus and aren’t really interesting from a spend perspective (best is probably 1.5% cash back on all purchases).
The Fine Print
- We will credit your primary Citadel savings account with 3% of the amount of balances transferred from a non-Citadel credit card, up to a maximum credit of $300 within any 12-month period.
- Credit will be made within 60 days from date of the transfer.
- Account must be active and in good standing at the time the funds are deposited.
- Minimum transfer amount is $500.
- Offer valid for new and existing Citadel MasterCard credit card customers.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
This is basically a $300 sign up bonus with a $10,000 spend requirement (although that spend can be made on any other card and you’d earn your normal rewards). Pretty good offer if you ask me, obviously if you get an incredibly low credit limit this offer will be annoying. As always, you should make sure you’re not paying interest on your credit card balances if you’re in this hobby so you’d want to complete the balance transfer and pay it off immediately.
I’m not sure if their credit cards are limited to PA only or not (other states are available in the drop down menu) Must live, work, stud or worship in PA to be eligible, I’m also not sure what credit bureau they pull. They pull TransUnion according to a contact at Citadel. Citadel also have a $250 checking bonus, but that is PA only, after completing the sign up for this account you’ll sometimes be pre-approved for this card, if this happens then it’s only a soft credit pull (no hard pull is done), this is called the bank cart trick and is similar to the shopping cart trick. Share your experiences in the comments below. I love that this is available to existing customers as well.
Big thanks to reader Doug for pointing this one out.