Published on February 17th, 2016 | by William Charles112
[Expired] [PA]Citadel Banking Offers An Increased Sign Up Bonus Of $250 – No Direct Deposit
This bonus is no longer available, but they do have a new bonus worth up to $400.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250 cash
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, or study in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia Counties, or the city of Lancaster, PA or if a member of your family or household is already a customer, no matter where you live.
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Make three signature based debit card transactions + request points
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $0
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: Not listed
- Open a new checking account with Citadel Credit Union with a minimum opening deposit of $50 and receive 25,000 points (worth $250 in gift cards) when you complete the following requirements:
- Make at least three (3) signature transactions using your new debit card within the first 30 days after opening your account
- Call us or visit any one of our convenient branch locations to request your 25,000 bonus points
The Fine Print
- This limited time offer may be withdrawn at any time
- The offer may not be combined with any other offer
- Bonus rewards points available to new checking customers only; One offer per household, per lifetime
- Customer must not have closed a Citadel checking account within the last 12 months
- All bank bonuses are treated as interest and as such you must pay taxes on them
Citadel also offer a credit card (currently with a $300 balance transfer bonus). After completing the sign up for this checking account you’ll sometimes be pre-approved for this card, if this happens then it’s only a soft credit pull (no hard pull is done), this is called the bank cart trick and is similar to the shopping cart trick
Citadel bank does not charge any early account termination fees from what we could find. They also offer free checking accounts which don’t have any requirements to stay fee free (if the account is inactive for a period of 365 days or more a $5 fee is charged monthly though). More details on the fee here.
This is a great bonus, only a soft pull, high bonus amount with easy to meet requirements, no requirements to keep the account fee free and credit card funding pretty much as good as it gets. Only slight hassle is you need to call or go into a branch to get the bonus added to your account, not really a big deal since there is no direct deposit requirement though. We’ve added this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.