Direct link to offer (if that doesn’t work, do a dummy booking and select any flight. You’ll see an option to upgrade to business and below that should be this offer). You can also trigger the same offer on the business card by clicking ‘are you a business owner’ in the top right corner
- Earn 40,000 American Airline miles after $3,000 in spend within the first three months.
- Earn up to $250 in statement credits on eligible American Airline purchases within the first 12 months
- Annual fee of $99 waived first year
- Earn a $125 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your cardmembership year and renew your card
- Not eligible if you’ve opened or close any Citi American Airlines card within the past 48 months (excluding the business card)
- No foreign trasnaction fees
- First checked bag free
Standard bonus on this card is 60,000 miles (65,000 on the business card). This is a better offer as long as you value miles less than 1.25¢ per mile. You used to be able to get this lower mileage bonus and then match to 60,000 miles and still get the $250 statement credit but that hasn’t worked for a long time unfortunately. As always, read these things you need to know about Citi credit cards before applying.
Hat tip to reader Ben