Published on September 10th, 2019 | by William Charles26
[Expired] Citi: Spend $5 On Dining Out & They Will Give $1 To No Kid Hungry (Up To $2 Million)
Deal has expired, view more Citi deals by clicking here
Update 9/10/19: Deal is back for 2019. Hat tip to reader @JoeHxBlog
- Citi will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry when you spend $5 or more dining out with a registered Citi card.
The Fine Print
- This offer is only available on Citi branded credit cards.
- If you have any questions about your account, please call Customer Service at the number on the back of your card.
- To learn more about No Kid Hungry and the impact of its work, visit nokidhungry.org/onedollar.
- Citi does not determine how merchants or establishments are classified. Sometimes a merchant will sell a particular item that appears to fit within the dining category, but the merchant may not have a merchant code that fits within that category. Therefore, purchases with that merchant will not qualify for the promotion.
Update: Prestige offers 5x points on dining making this even better
Citi cards don’t offer the best category bonuses for dining out (apart from the Citi Prestige offering 5x). Although the ThankYou Premier is 2x (Costco is 3% but co-branded cards don’t count I don’t think. Update: Readers are commenting that this does work). I still think this is worth doing if you’re dining out bill is low enough. I like to try and give positive press to companies when they do stuff like this as I think it genuinely makes the world a better place, even if they are only doing it for positive PR purposes.
Hat tip to -T-Rekt