Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in Hartford County, Middlesex County, Tolland County, or New Haven County in Connecticut
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within 90 days of account opening
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a $100 Nutmeg VISA Gift Card when you open a free business checking account with Nutmen State Financial Union
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees on this account, if you close it within 90 days you will be charged a $100 early account termination fee.
It’s ridiculously easy to meet the requirements of this bonus, so I’d recommend doing it but I have two concerns:
- Is it a hard pull?
- What type of business documentation do they require?
If you live within the service area I think it’s worth further investigation, as I don’t live within the area I’ll have to give this bonus a miss. One thing I do like about this bonus is the fact that there are no direct deposit requirements, which is actually quite standard for business bank bonuses.
We haven’t included this in our best bonus list due to the geographical requirements. Nutmeng are also offering a $50 consumer bonus, but I don’t think this is worth considering. Westfield also offers a $250 business checking account bonus for those in Connecticut.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money