Update 1/8/23: Extended until 3/31/2023
- Divvy From Bill is offering a $500 sign up bonus after $500 in spend
The Fine Print
- Terms & Conditions apply. This offer is available only to qualified individuals 18 years of age or over.
- Additionally, this offer is available to US Residents who live within the borders of the United States.
- This offer is available for a limited time, with all rights reserved to discontinue or change the terms of the offer at any time, subject to applicable law.
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Applicants must submit an application using the designated Divvy landing page for either a prepaid card or a business charge card.
- This offer is only valid for applications submitted before 11:59 pm MST 12/31/2022.
- By submitting an application to Divvy, you, as an individual and the Authorizing Officer of the Company, (a) are requesting us to open an Account in the name of the Company, (b) are requesting that we issue Card(s) as you direct, and REPRESENTING THAT ALL CARD(S) ISSUED ON THE ACCOUNT WILL ONLY BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES. To qualify, customers must 1) open an account within 60 days of responding to this offer, 2) spend a minimum of $500 in Net Purchases on their Divvy business card within 45 days of account creation, and 3) complete a balance payment of over $500 per the account payment terms. Net Purchases exclude cash advances, credits, chargebacks, and Plastiq or Melio payments. For more information on payment terms, please refer to your Cardholder Agreement. Divvy will apply the $500 incentive as a statement credit to your divvy account within 60 days of your first successful balance payment over $500.
Divvy offered a $100 bonus for taking a 15 minute demo. For that offer you needed a real business to get approved and even then it was difficult. Not sure what approvals will be like on this offer. There is no annual fee/monthly fees to worry about. Great deal if you can get approved.
Hat tip to reader Peek
Their compliance department is poorly educated.
My Sole Prop business contains my last name. A fictitious business name is in this case not required in CA (and it is clearly spelled out on the County Clerk’s website).
They still insist that CA requires a fictitious business name… Sigh…..
Does this one count toward chase 5/24 status?
No, there is no credit pull and it is non reporting.
I think I am the first or probably the first to go on record that I got shutdown by Divvy.
P1 legit sole prop business got bonus and completed spending of the bonus.
Applied for P2. Also separate legit business. However used home address for business address which is common to P1. P2 was approved and card ordered. A day later P2 got the shutdown message and email.
Yet another day later P1 got the shutdown letter and message.
Both P1 and P2 using SSNs as there is no EIN required for sole prop.
Oh well, at least P1 got the bonus already. Someone should do something about these shutdowns without being given an opportunity to explain or upload documents. Not worth the time for me to go after.
Do you know if you were shut down because you both (P1 & P2) used the same address?
I am trying to get approved and P2 is planning to apply now as well (before 3/31)
I don’t know the exact cause for shutdown. It is plausible that the same address triggered a review but I cannot be sure as there has been no further communication from them. I am still able to login to both accounts though and I got couple of boilerplate account opening emails after the shutdown message. I did respond back asking if I can continue using the account or not and have not heard back. Provided you have already got your bonus, I don’t see an issue in trying for P2 as well which is what I did. worst case both get a shutdown.
Have you applied for a prepaid card or a business charge card?
The Terms state “Applicants must submit an application using the designated Divvy landing page for either a prepaid card or a business charge card.”
To answer my own post in case someone is still wondering… I applied and there is no choice, just a credit/charge card (but no hard pull)
I don’t understand, I have made well over $500 in purchases and I have still never received the bonus. It doesn’t have to be $500 in one purchase does it? I’m not sure why it didn’t work
Doesn’t have to be one purchase, and you have to pay your bill first to make your balance to 0, and the bonus will be a statement credit to your account and your balance will be -500
Andrew Contacted them through chat (had to choose “Transactions Declines Disputes” as the subject of my request to get an actual agent. Told them I’d not gotten the bonus. Heard back in 24 hours or so that I’d get my credit and it’s in my account today. Whole process took about 3 days.
It doesn’t have to be one purchase. They are supposed to issue the credit within 60 days of making the >$500 payment. How many days has it been since you made the payment?
applied yesterday as sole proprietor for my “business” with
– $10k revenue
– $4k monthly cash activity
– $40-$50k in company savings
– $1k credit line
Application went to review, got an approval letter this morning.
how much you have to wait before you can rinse and repeat?
1/20 – $501 transaction
3/11 – $500 statement credit
02/03/23: purchase of $538 at one retailer (Target)
02/07/23: submitted payment manually (as I was getting close to deadline)
02/13/23: payment posted
03/10/23: bonus posted as $500 statement credit
2/24 3 transactions total > 500
3/2 Payment completed
3/11 Bonus posted