Published on April 13th, 2015 | by Chuck3
Earn Up to 2500 Bonus Southwest Points by Shopping Online
Southwest is offering bonus points for those who use those who use the Southwest Rapid Rewards shopping portal to make purchases between 4/13/15 – 5/3/15.
- Spend $125 in online purchases through the portal and receive 500 bonus points.
- Spend $300 in online purchases through the portal and receive 1000 bonus points.
- Spend $750 in online purchases through the portal and receive 2500 bonus points.
All these bonus points are in addition to the ordinary earning rates offered by the Rapid Rewards portal. Also note that you don’t need to use a Southwest credit card to pay for the purchases, any credit card is fine.
The Fine Print
- Purchases must be made by 5/3/15
- The offer is only valid for a one-time bonus
This is a nice bonus and could really make it worthwhile to use the Rapid Rewards portal over a different portal. Oddly, when spending just $125 the bonus rate is 4x (125 x 4 = 500), but when spending $300 or $750 the bonus rate is closer to 3x.
To decide whether or not to use this offer, it would be necessary to first take a look at what the best portal rate is for the merchant being used. In some cases, the loss may not be worth the additional bonus points.
Also remember that Southwest is heading in soon for a devaluation, making these points less valuable.
HT: Miles Remaining