Published on December 3rd, 2019 | by William Charles18
Facebook Waiving Donation Fees & Matching Up To $7,000,000 For GivingTuesday (Starts 8AM EST)
- Starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (5:00 AM Pacific Time) Facebook will be waiving all fees for donations made to any US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit. In addition they will match the first $7,000,000 donated.
- Donations are matched dollar for dollar on a first-come, first-served basis until $7,000,000 USD in eligible donations are made on Facebook.
- Any US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit eligible to receive donations on Facebook can be matched.
- Facebook will match up to a total of $100,000 per nonprofit organization.
- Each donor can have up to $20,000 in eligible donations matched on GivingTuesday.
- We cover processing fees so that when you donate using Facebook’s payments platform to a nonprofit organization, 100% of your donation goes to support the cause you care about.
You won’t know if your donation is matched until mid-January, so that is frustrating. Given the size of Facebook $7,000,000 seems like a low dollar amount, but it’s better than nothing. If anybody knows of any other initiatives like this for GivingTuesday, please let us know in the comments below.