Published on April 9th, 2019 | by William Charles3
[FL, IN, KY, OH & TN] Republic Bank Mastercard ScoreCard Rewards 30,000 Point Bonus
Republic Bank offers the Mastercard ScoreCard Rewards card, let’s take a quick look in this short review.
- No annual fee
- Sign up bonus of 30,000 bonus points after $3,000 in spend within the first 3 months from account opening
- Card earns 1x point per $1 spent
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months (3% balance transfer fee)
This card is available to people in the following areas:
- Everybody in IN, KY, TN
- Select counties in
- FL: Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sumter
- OH: Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, Warren
How Much Are Points Worth?
Points can be redeemed for travel benefits, gift cards and brand name merchandise. ScoreCard Rewards points are annoying in that you can’t really find out what they are worth until you sign up for a card that earns the points. From what I can gather, you will get about 0.8¢ per point when redeeming for gift cards and up to 1¢ when redeeming for airfare. The problem with airfare is that you need to book through their portal and 32,500 points = $325 credit, but then you still need to pay a $25 booking fee and other fees on top of that.
Given the poor value of points this bonus won’t be worth considering for most people. Even if you could redeem for a flat 1¢ per point it would become a lot more attractive, but by the time you factor in discounts you’d normally be able to get on gift cards the cash rate of the points is very poor.
Hat tip to ragormack