Published on December 17th, 2014 | by William Charles2
[Expired]Flushing Bank $100 Business Checking Bonus (No DD) + Toshiba Encore 2 For Depositing $15,000+
Bonus has now expired, you can view the current bonus for flushing bank here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 + Toshiba Encore
- Availability: NY
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 5 debit card transactions (must be above $25 each), 5 online bill payments (also must be over $25)
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must remain open and in good standing for six months
- Expiration date: None specified
- Open a flushing bank free business checking account and receive $100 when you:
- $50 when you complete 5 debit card purchases (each purchase must be $25+)
- $50 when you complete 5 online bill payments using the Flushing Bank online portal (each bill payment must be $25+)
- Receive a Toshiba Encore 2 32GB tablet when you deposit $15,000 or more into your business account as the opening deposit
The Fine Print
- New accounts with new money only.
- An account is considered new as long as it does not have any authorized signatures in common with any existing business checking account with Flushing bank
- Must deposit a minimum of $100
- Requirements must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- Bonuses will be credited on or about 75 days after the account is open
- Valid business documents must be provided at the time of opening
- Account must remain open and in good standing for six months
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- The Toshiba Encore will have a value of $286 assigned to it
The free checking account does not come with any monthly fees, make sure you keep the account open for at least six months to avoid early account termination fees/the bonus being clawed back.
The Toshiba bonus is not worth considering because of the $286 tax liability (they seem to be about $135 on Amazon), that part of the promotion is even worse when you consider that you could be earning interest elsewhere on the $15,000 deposit. The rest of the bonus seems to be pretty straight forward, $100 is the minimum I look for when it comes to bank bonuses but if I lived within the service area I’d probably complete this due to the no direct deposit requirement.
You’ll lose out on a few dollars by not using a 2% cash back card on the debit card transactions, but it’s hardly much. The other downside is that you have to present valid business documents, so I don’t think you’ll be able to complete this deal if you’re a sole prop. You can view other business checking promotions here.