Published on August 22nd, 2015 | by William Charles0
Free National Park Entrance, Credit Card Life Cycles, Free Starbucks Everyday (Fraud) & Citi’s New Bonus Tracker
- Citi AAdvantage, Apple Wallet and a Foreshadowing Screenshot: How the Credit Card Game Will Unfold by Jeff Setter. Interesting analysis and something I agree with, although I think the market drives a lot of this as well (growth is always good, but when investors don’t see any profitability from that growth they get worried).
- Stories of Horrible Restaurant Customers, Part 1 (Free Starbucks Every Day) by Kitchenette. You should always be nice to people in customer service (actually you should always be nice, but people working customer service deal with a lot of shitty people so I try extra hard), this is doubly true when you’re lying about your birthday 364 days a year. If this guy was nice and tipped, I bet he wouldn’t get shut down nearly as fast.
- Now my WF Platinum Visa has a purpose (other than cell phone insurance) by MyFICO forums. Only double points, but this just illustrates why it’s so important to call and ask for offers regularly.
- Gift Card Affiliate Money 101 by Saverocity. I don’t think it’s quite as black and white as Matt makes it out to be, but if your payout doesn’t come through I wouldn’t fit it. I expect the portals to request American Express pay out on the previous terms if no/short notice was given, if the portals were given a lot of notice then they should have updated their terms and conditions.
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Citibank’s New Online Bonus Spend Tracker by Frequent Miler. I wish all credit card issuers did this, such a neat and useful feature
- Free Entry to National Parks on August 25, 2015 by Money Saving Mom. Any excuse to get out to a national park is a good one in my eyes.