Published on May 16th, 2016 | by Chuck63
Get 10,000 Points for Referring-a-Friend to Starwoods Amex Cards [personal and business]
Refer-a-friend to the Starwoods Preferred Guest credit card from American Express and get a 10,000 point bonus per approved card. This offer is valid until June 15.
There is a maximum of 55,000 referral points you can get per calendar year. You’ll max out after 6 referrals, or less if you already referred friends earlier in 2016. Each card can get separate 55,000 points so if you have the personal and business version, for example, you can get 55k on each one.
Referrals are via email only: you’ll enter your friend’s email address and Amex will send them an email offer. You can also send an email to yourself and then you’ll get the link which you can send over to a friend. The email is sent out in under 1/2 hour.
Note that the signup bonus on the SPG card is now the standard 25,000 points after spending $3,000 or $5,000 on the personal and business version, respectively.
The Fine Print
- The referred individual must apply to the specific offer online through the e-mailed link provided by American Express and be approved by 06/15/2016
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for the Referral Bonus to post to your account after each referred individual is approved for the Card
- Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer
- Also, the individuals you refer may not receive the referral e-mail if they have previously “opted out” of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express
- NOTE: The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you; you are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus
10,000 SPG points for referring is great; typically, the referral bonus is just 5,000. The big downside here is that the current signup bonus offer isn’t at its highest; it regularly goes up to 30k and we’ve even seen a recent offer of 35k.
Feel free to share your referral links in the comments below. But you must follow these directions carefully; otherwise, your comment will be removed. This is to minimize the volume of referrals in the comments.
- Retweet this tweet first from your Twitter account (make sure you retweet the linked tweet).
- Comment below with your referral link which you got from the email. In the comment, add a link to the Twitter account that you retweeted from.
For example, if I were putting my referral link it would look like this:
Hat tip to Frequentmiler