Published on May 17th, 2019 | by Chuck44
[Expired] Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: 3x Fuel Points on Visa Gift Cards [5/17-5/23]
Deal has expired, view more Giant deals by clicking here.
Giant/Stopandshop/Martin’s have an offer showing in their circular for May 17-23:
- Get 3x fuel points on the purchase Visa gift cards.
- Get 8x fuel points on Red Robin Gift Cards.
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases. You can view the ad here until it shows at the links above:
The Fine Print
- Valid 5/17/19 – 5/23/19 (starts Friday)
- Must use store card to get and use the points
- Be sure to double check that your local store is running this offer before buying
- “We now accept credit cards for the purchase of Visa, Mastercard, and American Express gift cards”
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1. (Giant PA and Martins might expire at the end of the following month.)
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included. (Giant PA and Martins might only be valid at their own gas stations.)
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
3x is a generous offer as the standard is 2x. There’s usually a heavy uptick in gas offers during summer months; I expect we’ll keeping seeing these kinds of offers in the coming months. Remember to use your Chase Freedom card for 5x on up to $1,500 at the grocery this quarter, or use a card that earns bonus rewards at the grocery.
Hat tip to reader Gerald