Published on June 29th, 2016 | by William Charles11
[Highly YMMV] American Express Business Gold 75k Offer Extended & Open To New People
This offer has been around for awhile, whenever they extend it they also seem to target new people. It’s just been extended until September 30th, 2016, so it’s probably worth checking to see if you’re targeted. The offer is as follows:
- Spend $5,000 or more within 3 months on your new American Express Business Gold Card and receive a sign up bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards points.
Checking For The Offer
Here is how to check for this offer:
- Click here and log into your account. Make sure that the offer is the same after you log in, not everybody is being targeted for this offer.
- If you log in and it says “our systems are down” then it means you’re not eligible for this offer and calling will not help. You should still be able to get 75,000 points, but you’ll need to do $10,000 in spend instead of only $5,000. Find out how to get this other offer here (this is one of those annoying incognito mode offers that doesn’t work for everybody).
The Fine Print
- Valid until September 30th, 2016
- Annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year
- This is a business card, you’ll need a business to apply for it
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x on airfares purchased directly through the airline
- 2x on purchases for advertising in select media, shipping, at gas stations, and made directly from select computer hardware, software, and cloud computing providers
- 1x on all other purchases
- Offer does not contain the once per lifetime language regarding bonus, so you should be able to get this card if you’ve had it before. Make sure you double check to see if this language is included on the application page after you’ve logged in as they may add it in.
Really awesome deal, shame it’s such a targeted promotion. If you’re considering this deal, make sure you read these things you should now about American Express first.
Hat tip to reader Taylor G