Published on May 9th, 2016 | by William Charles77
[Highly YMMV] American Express Business Gold 75,000 Points After $5,000 In Spend Offer
Update 3: Extended to June 30th, 2016 and open to new people.
Update 2: We’re reposting for the same reasons listed below.
We’re reposting this link as the offer has been extended and some people that weren’t targeted before now seem to be targeted. Remember if you’re not targeted then you can still get this same offer with higher minimum spend requirement of $10,000.
For awhile it’s been possible to get 75,000 membership rewards (MR) points after $10,000 in spend on the American Express Business Gold rewards card. There is now an offer which only requires you to spend $5,000 to get the 75,000 MR points. There are two ways you might be able to get this offer:
- Click here and log into your account. Make sure that the offer is the same after you log in, not everybody is being targeted for this offer.
Update: If you log in and it says “our systems are down” then it means you’re not eligible for this offer and calling will not help. You can still get 75,000 points, but you’ll need to do $10,000 in spend instead of only $5,000. Find out how to get this other offer here.
The Fine Print
- Valid until
March 31st, 2015 June 30th, 2015 September 29th, 2015June 30th, 2016
- Annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year
- This is a business card, you’ll need a business to apply for it
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x on airfares purchased directly through the airline
- 2x on purchases for advertising in select media, shipping, at gas stations, and made directly from select computer hardware, software, and cloud computing providers
- 1x on all other purchases
This is obviously better than the other 75,000 point offer due to the lower spend requirement. You should be able to get this bonus either by calling or online. I already signed up for the other 75,000 point bonus, so I’ll be sitting this one out as you can only get American Express business bonuses once per twelve months. There is also an increased sign up bonus on the American Expresss SimplyCash bonus of $250 and the American Express Personal Premier Rewards Gold Card has a sign up bonus of 50,000 points after $1,000 in spend.
It would be possible to apply for all three of those cards and it should only result in one hard pull, although you need to have a business and be able to meet the combined minimum spend of $11,000 within three months.
Useful posts about American Express:
- American Express business cards are churnable, you can get the the bonus again after twelve months.
- Check to see if you have any targeted bonuses with American Express
- American Express does combine multiple credit pulls into one, learn more here
- American Express usually does not match higher sign up bonuses, but it’s always worth asking.
- American Express will expedite some cards
- It’s possible to get American Express to increase your credit limit by three times it’s starting amount, found out how to do it here.
- If you don’t get approved automatically, make sure you call the reconsideration number.
- This card has an annual fee, considering downgrade it before the annual fee hits in the second year. Here are your best options for American Express
- Learn how to re-allocate your credit limits with American Express