Published on October 13th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [IN only] Advance Financial Federal Credit Union (AFFCU) $150 Checking Promo + $100 Vehicle Loan
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Update 10/12/19: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2019.
Update 12/17/18: Deal has returned and is valid until December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to EW.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250 in total / $150 in checking $100 for closing auto loan
- Availability: Indiana [IN] only
- Direct deposit required: Optional, full pay check (+$50)
- Additional requirements: One bill per month for three months (+$50)
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2014 No expiry is listedDecember 31st, 2018
- Advance Financial FCU has some bonuses for both new and existing customers:
- $50 when you opening a new checking account (new customers only)
- $50 when you register for and use AFFCU online bill pay. Must pay one bill per month for the first three months (new and existing customers)
- $50 when you sign up for direct deposit ($100 minimum, must be a new direct deposit for existing customers)
- $100 when you close on a vehicle loan
The Fine Print
- Request to receive the direct deposit incentive must be made at account opening or in person by March 31, 2019
- Request to receive the bill pay incentive must be made at account opening or in person by March 31, 2019.
- New accounts must be opened with at least $50
- Direct deposit must be your entire check, payroll deduction, transfers from other accounts do not qualify
- Bill payments of AFFCU loans do not qualify and bill payments must be for the entire bill (or the minimum amount required)
- Bonuses will post after statement verification
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Free Checking $0 Monthly Fee
Opening a free checking account will be your best bet as there are no monthly fees on this card. There is also the better than free checking account which offers interest, but the rates are so low it’s not worth keeping money in there anyway (maximum of 0.08%).
Early Account Termination Fee
There is also an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days. You can view the full fee schedule here.
I’m a big fan of bonuses that reward existing as well as new customers. Another good thing about this bonus is that direct deposit is not required to get part of the bonus, the downside is that if you do want the additional $50 for direct deposit they require your full pay check to be deposited. In situations like this in the past, this has been checked.
I’d only recommend this deal if you’ve done the better bonuses first and you can confirm with AFFCU that only a soft pull will be done to join the credit union and open the checking account. If you have any experiences with this offer or any other of the checking promos we’ve posted recently, please contact us.