Published on January 26th, 2016 | by William Charles72
[Expired][MA, VT, NH, MA, RI, NY & CT] MountainOne Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Bonus isn’t mentioned online anymore at all, might still be possible to open in branch and get bonus but we aren’t sure.
Update: You have to open account in branch now. accounts opened online do not qualify for special incentive
Reposting again because the bonus is actually for $250.
We’re reposting this deal because we now know that it’s a soft pull to open and you can fund with up to $1,000 using a credit card. It also seems the bonus posts quite quickly, thanks to reader J for providing this information.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: MA, VT, NH, MA, RI, NY & CT
- Direct deposit required: Two direct deposits of $500+ each
- Additional requirements: Three online bill payments or six debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft Pull
- Credit card funding: Up To $1,000
- Monthly fees: $4.95 – $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within six months
- Expiration date: None specified
- Receive a sign up bonus of up to $200 when you open a VISTA Premier Checking Account (or open Pinnacle checking and receive a bonus of $100) with MountainOne Bank (accounts open online do not qualify) and complete the following requirements:
- Within 60 days of opening your new account, have two direct deposits (each $500 or greater)
- Within 60 days of opening your new account, make three online bill payments OR make six purchases with your new MountainOne debit card.
$50 Extra Bonus
Readers are reporting that they actually received an additional $50 bonus into their money market account, not entirely sure what this is for but I’m not going to complain about an extra $50.
The Fine Print
- Both VISTA Premier Checking and VISTA Personal Money Market required to be opened together
- Must be a resident of New England or New York State
- To receive the bonus you need to visit or call any MountainOne bank to notify them that the requirements have been met
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
I wasn’t able to find the fee schedule, so I’m unsure if an early account termination fee is charged or not.
Pinnacle Checking $4.95 Monthly
This fee cannot be waived
VISTA Premier Checking $10 Monthly
Maintain an average daily combined balance of $2,500 in VISTA Premier Checking and VISTA Personal Money Market to waive the $10 monthly fee.
My main concern about this bonus is that you need to go in branch or call them to tell them that the bonus has been met, which means they presumably manually look at your account to see if this is the case. This means that an ACH transfer might not count as the direct deposit requirement.
If I lived in the service area, I’d give this bonus a go as $200 is relatively high and the bonus requirements aren’t too difficult to achieve (plus it’s relatively easy for me to change my employer payments). If you have any personal experiences with this bonus, please share them in the comments below.
We’ve added this bonus to our complete listing of all savings, checking & business sign bonuses. It hasn’t made our best of list due to the concerns I have above.