Published on March 5th, 2019 | by Chuck174
[Expired] Marcus (Goldman) $100 Bonus for New & Existing Savings Customers with $10,000 Deposit (2.25% APY)
Deal has expired, click here to view the best current checking/savings bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Max Bonus Amount: $100
- Direct Deposit Required: No
- Additional Requirements: $10,000 deposit (new funds)
- Hard/Soft Pull: Unknown (I haven’t heard anyone mention a hard pull, let us know)
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly Fees: None
- Availability: Nationwide, new or existing users
- Expiration Date: enroll by March 18, 2019 and fund within 10 days
- Insured: FDIC
- New or existing Marcus by Goldman Sachs customers can enroll to be eligible for $100 bonus when depositing $10,000 in new funds within 10 days of enrollment and maintaining those funds plus your current balance for 90 days.
New customers click ‘Get Started’ and existing customers click ‘enroll here’ to take part in this deal.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid from 3/4/19 to 3/18/19.
- To be eligible, you must enroll for this offer at https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus or by calling Marcus at 1-855-730-SAVE (1-855-730-7283) by 11:59 PM EST on 3/18/19.
- To qualify for the $100 bonus, you first need to enroll in the offer. Then, you need to deposit $10,000 or more in new funds (internal transfers won’t count) into a Marcus Online Savings Account within 10 days from enrollment and maintain at least $10,000 of those funds in your account plus your account balance at the time of enrollment for 90 consecutive days from the date of reaching the required dollar amount.
- Multiple deposits are allowed to reach the required dollar amount and can be made by joint owners for a joint account.
- Offer available to new and existing customers.
- Each customer is limited to one bonus offer, which can only be applied to a single account.
- For eligibility purposes, each joint owner will be treated as a separate customer. For example, if you apply the bonus offer to a joint account, the remaining joint owner(s) may apply this offer to another account they own if they have not done so already.
- Offer not available to customers who are currently enrolled in a different bonus offer on an existing savings account.
- The bonus will be deposited into your account within 14 days after fulfilling the above requirements.
- To receive your bonus, your account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is deposited in your account.
- The bonus will be treated as interest for tax reporting purposes.
- We reserve the right to modify or revoke this offer at any time without notice.
- If we determine that you have engaged in or plan to engage in abuse or gaming in connection with this offer, you will not be eligible for this offer.
This is one of those easy wins which is good for anyone with $10k in cash savings as there aren’t any complicated requirements to fulfill. Since they offer a competitive 2.25% APY interest rate, which is near the top of all savings accounts, you can easily open an account and transfer funds to Marcus for 90 days without really losing any interest you’d have otherwise earned on the funds.
The deal especially shines for those who already have a Marcus savings account, and have an additional $10k in savings somewhere else (e.g. from the Ally deal). It’s a nice surprise that they included existing customers, similar to what Ally did with a 1% payback return on all additional funds added.
Hat tip to u/pedagogue37