Published on September 5th, 2018 | by William Charles33
Marriott Status Challenge – Receive Gold/Platinum Status For 8/16 Nights Within 90 Days
No direct link, need to call on ‘1 (801) 468-4000’
- Marriott is offering status match, unfortunately there is no official website for the status match and you need to call in to receive it. Requirements:
- Complete 8 qualifying nights within 90 days to be upgraded to Gold Elite Status
- Complete 16 qualifying nights within 90 days to be upgraded to Platinum Elite status
The Fine Print
- You can only do this once between September 1st, 2018 and December 31st, 2021
- No status with any other hotel required
Some phone representatives are stating award stays do count and others are stating they don’t count. When they actually read out the terms to you, they do say award nights count so I’m not sure where this confusion comes from exactly. I’d just listen carefully when the terms are being read out and make sure they state award nights qualify and also get a reference number for your call. You can also try to get them to e-mail you the full terms but from what I’ve read people requesting this haven’t actually received the full terms (if you do, please forward them to me). Previously I believe they required 9 stays (not nights) for Platinum status.
I have no idea why Marriott has decided to launch this now considering the integration with SPG is still ongoing and there are a lot of issues still.
Hat tip to VFTW