Update 4/5/23: Sign up and get up to 15 stocks worth $3 – $2,000
- Open account, get one free stock
- $100 – $999.99, get five free stocks
- $1,000+ and get 15 free stocks.
Update 11/26/21: You currently get five free stocks and one share of $LCID worth $~51. LCID is awarded after depositing $100+. The other stocks are based on the following:
- Open brokerage account to get 1 free stock worth $3-$3,500.
- Deposit any amount to get 1 free stock worth $9-$3,500.
- Deposit $2,000 to get 3 extra free stocks worth $9-$3,500 each.
Person referring you also gets one LCID share.
Hat tip to reader Matt I
Update 1/30/21: You can now get up to eight stocks:
- When you open an account and your net deposit reaches $100, you will get 2 free stocks up to $200.
- When your net deposit reaches $1500, you will get 2 extra free stocks up to $1000!
- When your net deposit reaches $5000, you will get 4 extra free stocks up to $1000!
Update 3/4/2020: You can now get up to three freebies:
- Sign up for a new account and get a stock worth $4 – $200
- Make your first deposit of $500+ and get another stock worth $10 to $1,000
- Transfer $3,000+ worth of stocks to Moomoo before March 10th and get a free stock card worth $100
Hat tip to DDG
Update 11/6/19: Deposit bonus is back, you get another free stock when you deposit $100+ and keep it for 30 days. Valid until 12/9/19. Hat tip to reader Brian C
Update 8/26/19: Deposit bonus no longer being offered
[Update 7/18/19: They now are offering (YMMV?) to get another free stock when you invest $100 and keep it there for 30 days. You can access this in the moomoo app by going to the ‘Me’ tab, then ‘Deposit Bonus’. (ht Ryan Goldstein)
- Moomoo is a new app that lets you trade U.S. Stocks, ETFs, ADRs, and Options with no commission fee. When you sign up for a Futu trading account in app you’ll also get a free stock worth $3-$200, you can also refer friends and you’ll both receive a stock worth $3-$200 when they sign up for an account.
This does have SIPC insurance. Personally I don’t think it’s worth giving all these apps personal information like this for what will likely be $3 but others might disagree. Feel free to share your referrals in the comments below, but only leave your link once.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money
William Charles Chuck Moomoo has sweetened the referral promotion and the new client bonus: https://www.moomoo.com/us/support/topic4_319
Now the referred person receives an additional $50 cash reward ($100 for the referring person) on top of the new client bonus. The new client bonus has been upped a bit as well with three tiers (terms are here: https://www.moomoo.com/us/support/topic3_490):
(1) 5 free stocks + $100 Cash Reward if complete a net deposit of $100 and maintain it for 60 days.
(2) 15 free stocks + $100 Cash Reward if complete a net deposit of $1000 and maintain it for 60 days.
(3) 15 free stocks + $100 Cash Reward + 1 share of TSLA or GOOG if complete a net deposit of $5000 and maintain it for 60 days.
In total, the referred person should receive:
(1) 5 free stocks + $150 Cash Reward if complete a net deposit of $100 and maintain it for 60 days.
(2) 15 free stocks + $150 Cash Reward if complete a net deposit of $1000 and maintain it for 60 days.
(3) 15 free stocks + $150 Cash Reward + 1 share of TSLA or GOOG if complete a net deposit of $5000 and maintain it for 60 days.
Note that the Cash Reward can be used as a deduction when the stock purchase order exceeds $1000. So the cash reward is not actually cash, it is a coupon that can only be used to buy stocks or options.
Regarding the $100 or $150 cash reward used as a deduction on “stock purchase”, does this also include ETF purchases such as SGOV?
Yes, it can be used to purchase ETFs, according to CSR. Ariel
So it’s looking like $320 total for $5000+ investment. That’s a nice return and add the near 5% return from SGOV on that $5000 there as well. $320 = $100 sign up + $50 referral + $45 for fifteen $3 stocks + $125 for Goog. I think I am gonna do it.
Agreed, it is a nice deal IMO. Now they have also updated the promotion details in the referral links to reflect this new promotion (earlier it still only showed the old promotion of just 15 free stocks).
Warning: I’ve been trying to transfer money out of this account for about two months, without success. I only have about $150 in the account, but both the app and the website transfer/withdrawal options are not working.
If you are trying to send the money to a different account than it came from, you’re likely going to run into this. Otherwise, if that is not the issue, contact them.
Update: P2 and I both got ~$60 of free stocks. Parked the $1K deposit into 9 shares of SGOV and 1 share of BIL. Both are super stable short-term treasury bond ETFs that yield ~2%. Not as good buying an actual Tbill (which moomoo doesn’t support), but pretty close.
Good tip thedailychurn, used your referral link.
Much appreciated 🙏 MattyRex
2%? SGOV yields near 5%.
Received roughly $50 worth of FCEL/GRAB/PLTR. Not really worth the trouble but at this point probably will keep the $1K for 60 days.
total of $62 .stupid shitty app.
Received 15 stocks all under $3 each. Withdrawing cash and deleting account. Not worth the time to wait for under $45
Got a bunch of $3 junk as was likely to be expected. This app seems like some Temu chinese thing. Taking cash out asap, they can keep the stocks.
Also worth mentioning their app is SUPER glitchy even just trying to login or set things up. I would not risk actual stock trading on this.
They started asking for a LOT more info, scans of documents, asking me to reupload things because their app doesn’t work… I got frustrated and told them to delete my account. This is prob not worth it.
Anybody else getting a server error when trying to sign up?