Published on November 24th, 2016 | by Chuck2
Mygiftcardsplus: 7%-22% Off Many Gift Card Brands
- Mygiftcardsplus is offering 300 Swagbucks on the purchase of any gift card $50 or more. This is on top of the regular Swagbucks earned on the purchase.
Check out our review of Mygiftcardsplus here. Basically, they offer many merchant gift cards for sale; you pay full price and you get back a percentage in the form of Swagbucks.
The standard cashback/Swagbucks earn rate is between 1% and 28%. Under this offer, you’ll get an extra 300 Swagbucks per purchase. For example, I bought a $50 Nike gift card which has a standard cashback/SB rate of 7%. Aside from the 350 Swagbucks earned (7%), I earned an additional 300 Swagbucks (6%) for a total discount of 13%.
I also bought a $50 Staples gift card which has a standard cashback/SB rate of 2%/100 SB. After the standard earn and the bonus earn, I got 8% off the card in the form of 400 Swagbucks.
New Mygiftcardsplus Users
There’s an additional bonus offer for new Swagbucks users:
- Receive an additional 200 Swagbucks on your first purchase
I assume anyone who never made a Mygiftcardsplus purchase before qualifies as a new user, even if they’ve been a long-standing Swagbucks member. In any case, you should see the exact amount of SB you’ll earn clearly outlined in your cart.
If you are signing up for a new Swagbucks account, I’d appreciate if you use my Swagbucks referral link. You’ll get a $3 bonus at the end of the month for using a referral link. That’s aside from the $2/200SB bonus you’ll get for buying a gift card from Mygiftcardsplus.
The Fine Print
- Minimum $50 gift card needed to earn the 300 SB bonus.
- Limit one 300 SB bonus per brand. You can buy $50 gift cards of various brands and get 300 for each purchase. You can even buy multiple brands in one checkout and get 300 for each one.
- This offer is being advertised as a Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal. It’s not clear if the deal will be valid on Saturday and Sunday too, and whether the deal will ‘reset’ on Monday to be able to get 300 SB again. (Check your cart to see what your earn will be.)
Nothing terribly scalable here, but still some decent deals like $50 Staples at 8% off (after both discounts), Lowe’s at 9% off, Hotels.com at 11% off, etc.
Honestly, I’m not thrilled with Mygiftcardsplus site due to the time it takes them to process gift cards (usually, a day or two; sometimes within a few hours) and due to the fact that they are sensitive to heavy purchase volume. But I live with it when they have good deals.