Navy Federal Credit Union is offering some bonuses for military appreciation month, they are as follows:
- $50 for referring Active Duty, DoD civilians and contractors, as well as their dependents (person you’re referring also receives $50)
- $50 for becoming a member (just use a referral instead – that way somebody else gets $50 as well!)
- $50 for opening an active duty checking account with qualifying Military Direct Deposit
- $250 when you refinance an auto loan
- $200 for opening a new cashRewards credit card and meeting the minimum spend requirements (read our full post on that here)
Keep in mind that joining NFCU is a hard pull, I’m not sure if they do another one when you open a checking account as well or not. They do have good credit card offers (like the cashRewards offer and also up to 40,000 points on Flagship card). So it probably makes sense to join now so you can pick up the $50 for joining and another $50 for the checking account. If you’re not a military member there is a work around, but you won’t get any bonuses from that.
Feel free to share your referral details in the comments below. You should just need to provide your member access number & last name. Then new applicants need to fill in that section when signing up.
Hat tip to /r/churning