Published on March 4th, 2019 | by William Charles38
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card – 30,000 Point Bonus
Update 3/4/19: Bonus has increased to 30,000 points
Update 10/01/18: Bonus is back to 25,000 points.
Update 03/01/18: Navy Federal Credit Union has added a sign up bonus to the ‘Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card‘.
Previously this card has had no public sign up bonus, but we have seen targeted bonuses of up to 30,000 points. According to NFCU they offered a public bonus of 25,000 points at the same time they offered the targeted 30,000 point bonus so it might be wise for a better bonus to come along.
- Sign up bonus of 30,000 points after $3,000 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations
- 2x points per $1 spent at restaurants
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No annual fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- No balance transfer fees
- Points are same as those on other NFCU cards (e.g GO REWARDS & Flagship)
- Points are worth 1¢ towards travel and there is a minimum redemption of 5,000 points (1,000 for digital downloads and 3,000 for gift cards)
It’s nice to see them finally adding a sign up bonus on this card, I thought they should have launched it with one. Overall card is not terribly exciting, 3x at supermarkets might be useful for some people but there are better options out there. The same is true for gas station purchases. Using the card at restaurants or all other purchases doesn’t make any sense at all as there are cards that earn 2%+ cash back on all purchases (plus cards that earn at a higher rate on restaurant purchases specifically).