Published on November 21st, 2019 | by Chuck29
New Lyft-Hilton Partnership: Earn Points with Every Lyft Ride (Stacks with Other Programs); Redeem Hilton Points for Lyft Rides
Update 11/21/19: Redeeming Hilton points for rides is now live. $10 credit costs 4,500 points (0.22¢ per point). Basically a useless redemption.
Lyft has announced a new partnership with Hilton which will enable Lyft riders to earn Hilton points when taking rides:
- Get 3x Hilton points per dollar spent with Lyft on economy, luxury, as well as extra seats.
- Get 2x Hilton points per dollar spent with Lyft on Shared Lyft rides.
Another facet of the partnership will launch later this year whereby you’ll be able to REDEEM Hilton points for Lyft rides. No precise date is given and no redemption value has yet been stated for these redemptions.
The Fine Print
- Must link your Hilton account to your Lyft account first.
- Lyft ride prices/payments that are eligible to earn Points includes base fare charges but excludes taxes, fees, tolls and tips.
- Customers may earn Points on up to $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
Lyft has already partnered with Delta to earn 1x Delta mile per dollar spent on Lyft (2x on airport rides). And Lyft also has a partnership with JetBlue as well to earn 30 points per airport ride. TPG has confirmed with Lyft that this partnership does not impede the other partnership from working, meaning you can earn points on all 3 programs at once. That’s pretty awesome! World Elite Mastercard cardholders also receive a $10 credit for every five rides taken in a calendar month. And, of course, you’ll earn credit card point with the travel multiplier in many cases as well.
Will be sweet if the option to redeem Hilton points for Lyft rides will turn out useful as well, but we’ll have to wait to see what the redemption rate is when it’s released later this year.