Deal has expired, view more brokerage account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 10/22/19: This is for a managed account, so not really that useful unfortunately.
Update 10/21/19: The tiers are actually much better than before and the maximum bonus is $5,000. Hat tip to reader Charles Mann for pointing this out.
Update 10/20/19: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2019. Hat tip to reader Jonathan W.
Update 6/2/19: Offer is back through June 30, 2019. We’ve added this to our list of Best Brokerage Bonuses. (hat tip reader arizonapv)
[Update: Removed state restriction as apparently you can open over the phone.]
- PNC Investments is offering a sign up bonus when you open a qualifying PNC investments account. The bonus is tiered depending on how much you invest:
- Invest $25,000-$49,999 & get $125
- Invest $50,000-$99,999 & get $250
- Invest $100,000-$179,999 & get $500
- Invest $175,000-$249,999 & get $1,000
- Invest $250,000-$374,999 & get $1,500
- Invest $375,000-$499,999 & get $2,250
- Invest $500,000-$749,999 & get $3,250
- Invest $750,000+ & get $5,000
- You must maintain the net deposit amount (less market losses) for at least 12 months otherwise they claw back the bonus
- Previous bonuses were:
- Invest $20,000 and receive a $50 bonus
- Invest $50,000 and receive a $100 bonus
- Invest $100,000 and receive a $200 bonus
- Invest $250,000 and receive a $600 bonus
- Invest $500,00 and receive a $1,500 bonus
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 31st, 2018
- Account must be opened in branch
- Deposits must be completed within 30 days of account opening.
- The net deposit calculation for the cash bonus will be calculated and the cash bonus will be credited to your account within 90 days of confirmation of your total qualifying net deposit.
- The cash bonus will be applied only to the brokerage account for which the net deposit was calculated.
- You must maintain the net deposit amount (less market losses, if any) in your account at PNCI for at least 12 months or PNCI may charge back the value of the cash bonus.
- If opening more than one account, each account will be considered individually for payment of the bonus.
- The value of the cash bonus may not exceed $3,000 per client.
- This offer is not transferable, saleable or valid in conjunction with certain other PNCI offers.
- This offer is available to U.S. residents only
A few readers have asked us to post these types of investment deals when we see them. This seems similar to other offers on the market (e.g Ally Invest) but the $500,000 tier is $1,500 instead of the standard $1,200. I’d be happy to post these types of deals more often, but I’m interested to hear from readers that find these posts helpful. What type of things are important when it comes to investment bonuses (e.g with bank account bonuses we care about the bonus, direct deposit requirements, soft pull, credit card funding, fees etc). If I’m going to post these types of deals it’s useful to know what I should be looking for and why.
Hat tip to reader Neil C