Published on April 22nd, 2014 | by William Charles1
Receive $50 For Opening A Capital One 360 Checking Account
- Receive $50 when you open a Capital One 360 checking account and make a total of 3 debit card transactions or Person2Person payments within 45 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Bonus will post on day 50 after account opening
- Only valid if this is your first capital one 360 checking product (if you’ve held an electric orange checking account from ING before then you’re also not able to receive this bonus. This is true even if you’ve closed this accounts before)
- This will be reported to the IRS as interest and as such you must pay taxes on it. This is true for all bank account bonuses.
Monthly Fee $0
Capital One 360 does not have any monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee $0
There is also no fee for closing your account, regardless of when you close it.
Quickest Way To Reach The Bonus Requirements
- Open your account
- Purchase 3 $0.15 amazon gift cards with your debit card within 45 days of account opening
- Wait until day 50
- Receive your $50 bonus
- Close account
Avoid A Hard Credit Pull
Capital One 360 does a hard credit pull when you sign up to their checking product by default. This is because they provide overdraft protection, which is considered a line of credit. You might be able to avoid this hard credit pull (which will temporarily lower your credit score by about 5 points) by opting out of over draft protection (this will be one of the last screens on your application).
We’d suggest not going for this bonus, that’s because Capital One regularly offers higher sign up bonuses than $50 for opening a checking account. They usually offer these accounts on the following dates/holidays:
- Independence day / 4th of July (usually a sign up bonus of $125, deal usually runs from July 1st till July 3rd)
- Black Friday (usually a sign up bonus of $125, deal should run from November 28th till November 3rd this year).
You can also refer friends for the current deal, they’ll receive the same $50 bonus here and when they complete the requirements you’ll also receive $20.