Published on December 19th, 2015 | by Chuck24
Sears $20 Promo Working on Reloads Too
Sears is currently offering a $20 eAward card for each $100 gift card purchased. See these previous posts where we covered the offer in detail:
- Sears: $20 Credit with $100 Gift Card Purchase + 16% Off with Portal/Discover!
- Sears $20 Promo Coming Through – Much Better Than Expected!
Reloads are earning the awards as well. I just got a $10 eAward for my $50 Sears gift card reload (image below) and a reader reported the same.
A little more convenient than dealing with multiple cards.
We noted that the eAward cards state that there is no expiration date. The new cards being sent out state the same. And they are showing their balance using the ordinary Sears balance checker.
A reader says that their card says contradictory things: it says no expiration but also says that it will expire on January 31. The card that I just got only has the no expiration part and does not have any mention of expiration.
Seems very odd to me that some cards have an expiration and some don’t. Please check you eAwards and let us know in the comments what you see.
Update Regarding Expiration
A friend sent me a screenshot of their Sears eAward card which shows the expiration of January 31.
Offer Expires Soon
We have until December 25 to take advantage of this offer. I’m still hoping there will be a good portal increase soon, but it hasn’t happened in the past couple weeks. We’ll have to either use Shopathome for 6%, risk it with a mileage portal, or risk it with Discover. See all options here.
Which Card to Use
- Use Discover, as noted in the previous posts.
- Use a BofA card if you have a targeted Bank Amerideals offer for 10% off at Sears.
- Use Citi Dividend. Readers report that last year it earned 5% on Sears purchases.
- Use ATT for 3x.
- Use Blue Cash Preferred for 3%.