Published on May 19th, 2015 | by William Charles2
Second Discover, Manufactured Spending Costs, 20k Spending Challenge & More
- I’m Excited, I Was Approved For A Second Discover Card by Chasing The Points. I already have two Discover cards (Discover it & Discover it Miles), two credit cards is the limit with Discover and you need to wait at least one year between applications. I mostly applied for the Discover it Miles so I could product change it into a regular Discover it after the first year of earning 3% cash back (didn’t think I’d be approved directly for a second card, oh well – better spend more than $15,000 on the Discover it miles to make up for the lack of sign up bonus)
- Manufacture Spending: Do you measure it by hard cost or opportunity cost? by Tagging Miles. I’m going to write another follow up post to this because I think it’s an interesting discussion.
- Reselling concert tickets for miles and points by Miles Per Day. Way too much risk for my liking, but if you know a particular artist/event will sell out and they can’t put on extra shows (due to needing to be somewhere else) then it’s not a terrible idea I guess. Your main focus should just be the profit from the tickets, because there are no real portal bonuses the miles/points should be gravy.
- 20k Spending Challenge Update 1: $4,625 Spent After 2 Weeks by Money Metagame. Nice to have the promotions he’s used to hit that figure as well. Profit margin is very impressive so far, let’s see if he can keep it up or not!
- Time for Me to Close My Santander Extra20 Accounts – No More Pajama Money 🙁 by Oren’s Money Saver. Will have full details about this later today/tomorrow. Have been meaning to do a post about this for awhile.
- Understand car lease deals – car leasing explained! by Philip Hall Raleigh NC (also known as Milesabound). Great explanation on car leasing