Published on July 19th, 2017 | by William Charles7
SPG: 35% Points Discount At Their “Most Luxurious” Resorts
- Every year SPG offers a 35% discount on points bookings when you call to book at luxurious resorts. This year the offer is available at the following resorts: are offering a discount of 35% when you book a points stay by phone for the following resorts:
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Koh Samui, Thailand: Normally 60,000 points, now 39,000 points
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket: Normally 40,000 points, now 26,000 points
- Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand: Normally 60,000 points, now 39,000 points (was 40,000/26,000 last year)
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives, Maldives: Normally 90,000 points, now 58,5000 points
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia: Normally 90,000 points, now 58,500 points (was 60,000/39,000 last year)
- Le Méridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia: Normally 60,000 points, now 39,000 points (was 40,000/26,000 last year)
- Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection Resort, Dubai, UAE: Normally 60,000 points, now 39,000 points
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort: Normally 90,000 points, now 58,500 points
The Fine Print
- SPG members will receive a 35% Starpoint redemption discount off Free Night Awards in select suites that are booked and consumed at participating properties between July 1, 2017 and March 5, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”) for dates available during the Promotion Period. Participating properties that are eligible for this promotion:The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket
Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris
The St. Regis Punta Mita
Le Méridien Bora Bora
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui
W Retreat Koh Samui
Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai
W Retreat & Spa – Maldives
The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
- Offer only applies to the participating property’s eligible suite category that can be booked using a Free Night Award redemption and is subject to the participating property’s existing SPG redemption policies.
- This offer cannot be reserved online and must be booked by calling the SPG Customer Contact center. Discounted Starpoints will be deducted from Member’s account at time of booking.
- 5th Night Free offer may be used in combination with this offer.
- Rooms reserved using Cash & Points, 50% off Awards, and Nights & Flights are not eligible.
- Award stays under this promotion will count towards the SPG Member reaching the Eligible Night and Eligible Stay milestones needed to earn elite membership status.
- Offer cannot be combined with other redemption promotions unless specifically permitted according to these terms and conditions.
- There is no limit on the number of times or nights a member may reserve using this special offer during the Promotion Period within the guidelines of SPG Free Night Award redemption.
- All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com.
- Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
As mentioned two of the properties are significantly more expensive than last year, in addition the Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini, Greece property isn’t available in this years list. I’m not the type of person that would book any of these properties, but from the feedback last year a few things to note for people that like a bit if luxury in their lives:
- Al Maha
- Property is beautiful, in middle of the desert with your own pool overlooking the dessert and animals. All food is also included in the room rate, you also get two activities per day. They do charge for two of the activities now; Horse Riding & Dune Drive ($70USD per person)
If anybody has stayed at any of these properties, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.