Published on November 15th, 2018 | by William Charles199
[Renewed] Sprint: Free Unlimited Plan For One Year
Update 11/15/18: Offer renewed for free service until 1/31/20.
Update 2/22/18: Offer renewed for free service until 4/30/19.
- Sprint is offering a one year unlimited talk, text and data plan for free (there are some charges, explained below). To be eligible you need to bring across an eligible phone. Eligible phones are as follows:
- Alcatel IDOL5
- Apple iPhone 5c (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 5s (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 8 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone SE
- BLU S1
- Essential Phone
- Google Nexus 5 (16 & 32 GB – black/white/red) (Verizon only)
- Google Nexus 5X (all versions)
- Google Nexus 6 (32 & 64 GB – black/white)
- Google Nexus 6P (all versions)
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- HTC One A9 (Sprint Version only)
- moto e4
- moto e4 plus
- moto g4
- moto g4 play
- moto g4 plus
- moto g5 plus
- moto x pure edition
- moto z2 play
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition
Unlimited plan offers the following:
- Unlimited data, talk and text
- HD streaming:
- Video at speeds up to 1080p
- Music at up to 1.5mbps
- Gaming streams at up to 8mbps
- Unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else. Data deprioritization applies during congestion.
- 10GB of high-speed data per line to use toward mobile hotspot, VPN and Peer-2-Peer usage. Once your 10GB is used up:
- Continue at up to 2G speeds (32 Kbps) on our network for no additional cost, or
- Purchase more on-network high-speed data for $15/1GB to tide you over for the rest of your bill cycle
While the plan is “free” for one year there are costs involved as follows:
- SIM Card: $2.99 per card plus $10 shipping/handling Plus tax. It’s not possible to do this in store to avoid the shipping and handling fee.
- Savings apply until 10/31/18 and then you’re charged $60/mo. for line 1, $40/mo. for line 2 & $30/mo./line for lines 3-5
- You still pay taxes, seem to be $3-$5 per line
The Fine Print
- You can cancel anytime
- See above
I know this deal has been around for some time, but reader Peter asked why we’d never covered it and I realized I didn’t really have a good reason and it seems like it could be very useful for at least some readers. If you’ve already set this up, please share your experiences with other readers. I couldn’t find anyways to stack this deal (e.g no portals?) but I’m very happy to be proven wrong about that as well in the comments.
One thing readers have pointed out that I didn’t originally include is that how good this deal is will likely depend on how coverage is in your area. Jeff H suggests using Sensorly (crowd sourced app) to get a good idea of coverage.
Check out this post about how to get a second year from from this deal for those currently on the plan. Also, check out this Slickdeals wiki for additional detail and discussion about this deal.