Published on April 10th, 2019 | by Chuck154
[Targeted] Amex Blue Cash $250 or $150 Upgrade Offer
Update 4/10/19: Another round has gone out. Subject line is ‘Congratulations, <name> ! Special offer inside.’ Valid until 5/9/19. Hat tip to reader Kenny
Update 1/17/19: Another round of these offers has gone out again. This time valid until 2/14/2019. Hat tip to reader @MordyNY
Another round of this offer has gone out. Valid until 11/23/2018.
Sent out via e-mail, subject line is ‘Congrats, we’re grateful for your loyalty, now you’re invited to request an upgrade for your credit card!’. No link is offered as the links are unique and tied to card number.
- A number of readers are reporting receiving upgrade offers via e-mail. There are two versions:
- Get $250 bonus when converting the card to Blue Cash Preferred and spending $2,000 within 3 months
- Get $150 bonus when converting the card to Blue Cash Preferred and spending $1,000 within 3 months
- Blue Cash Preferred has a $95 annual fee
- Earns 6% back on groceries, up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Earns 3% back on gas
- Earns 3% back on select department stores
- Earns 1% back on all other purchases
These Amex upgrade offers typically don’t have any sort of lifetime language so even if you’ve already gotten a bonus on the Blue Cash Preferred card it should work. And it won’t show up as a new card account to count against your 5/24 so there really isn’t downside in taking up the offer assuming you already got the BCP bonus and assuming you can meet the spend.
Definitely worth logging into your Amex account to see if the offer shows. Should be a net gain even if you won’t utilize the higher cashback rates at all, and more-so if you’ll gain from the 6%/grocery and 3%/gas-dept earnings rate.
Hat tip to reader Abey