Update 5/9/23: Reader Pjfunner shares a new link with this offer, we don’t know the source of the link.
Update 4/14/23: There’s now a public link for this offer (ht DDG and YAR)
No direct link to offer, sent out via e-mail. Subject line is ‘Your Exclusive Offer Awaits: 5 Free Nights’
- Chase is offering a five free night certificates that can be used on properties costing up to 50,000 points per night when you spend $5,000 within the first three months of account opening on the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card.
- Annual fee of $95, not waived first year
- Eligibility for this product: The product is not available to either:
- current cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier) or Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), or
- previous cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier) or Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
- Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:
- are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
- Free award night every anniversary valid at a property costing up to 35,000 points
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6x points per $1 spent at Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Elite status:
- Automatic silver elite status
- Gold status if you spend $35,000 or more within a card member year
- 15 elite night credits towards status each year
This has been available as a public offer in the past. The nice thing about this offer is that there is not any sort of restriction on when/where the free night certificates can be used and you can also top up the certificates with points if they cost more than 50,000 points per night. This is a fantastic offer and the best variation we see (normally when it’s flat points it’s only 100,000 points). If this was a public offer we’d add it to the best credit card bonuses.
Hat tip to MashTheGash2018
I applied, also confirmed 5 nights via secure message. I am now trying to meet the min spend. I never have Marriott card before,so don’t have a Marriott number, how can I get one? Apply one myself or assigned by Marriott automatically to my card? Thanks for any input.
You should’ve created a Marriott account beforehand so you have a Marriott number that you can put in your cc application. Looks like it’s too late now so just wait until your card arrive and see the Marriott number that you’re assigned to.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I got the card from Chase almost a month ago, but didn’t find Marriott number, there’s no number on my Chase online also. Does Marriott send out a card to me automatically? Thanks again.
Will I get this bonus if I have American Expresss Bonvoy Business Card and received the sign up bonus for that card more than 3 years ago?
Met the MSR on 5/29 (using US Bank $3k CC funding), received 5-night certificates on 6/8. No message from Chase. No message from Marriott. I used the Pjfunner link to apply.
Where did they show up? On chase or your marriott account?
They show up in your marriott account
Applied using link, met min spend May 29, 5 free nights posted today (June 7).
Nothing scary happened I hope? No word from chase? Cause people say it’s a targeted offer and all that. I’m so scared
Just received my card the other day, called the number on the back and confirmed that the 5 night SUB was applied.
Which link did you use to apply?
I used the link at the top of this page from Pjfunner. I knew it was risky since no one said where the link came from, but it worked for me. Now I just have to meet the spending requirement
Received the card and confirmed the offer by phone. I believe the 5 nights will be awarded after completing spend, so will wait a bit to finish the spend until I need the free nights or the 3 months are up.
I applied and confirmed with CSR that it was the 5-night bonus on the account.
I did the $5,000 spending (in addition to annual fee) and the nights did not show up. My statement closed and they still have not shown up. Is waiting the 3 billing cycles the norm here?
When did you apply/get approved and when did you hit meet the $5,000 spending?
I met the spending at about day 20. Statement closed about Day 30.
I’ve been told that it can take up to 10 weeks. I would call and confirm that you met the MSR. They should be able to confirm if you met the SUB or not. If yes, wait up to 10 weeks.
Did you end up getting your 5 nights awarded to you?
If not, did they give you any additional information on what’s going on?
It’s been close to 2 weeks, I thought I’d check.
I just applied using the Pjfunner link and was approved. All looks good on the account so far.
I am attempting to be the DP I want to see, and will report back on the outcome. I applied with the 3-night public offer to be safe. Then, while I was logged in to my chase account, I clicked the link Pjfunner provided. I took a screenshot of my “personal” offer that displayed the 5 nights and my name. I sent the screenshot along with a request to be matched to the 5-night offer via secure message. Fingers crossed.
I had both offers up and accidently filled out the one for 3 but this is when the offer first came out for 5 nights. Called in and was told no problem we will match the 5night. Long story short and many battles and calls they will not honor the 5 nights for me : ( Tried secure message also and was told not their dept and to reach out to the number on my card. Zero results and I’m sad about it.
reading the Chase shudown regarding this, I am really scared. I have accumulted 60K UR points over the past years and haven’t got chace to use them. I applied the card and was approved ( haven’t received the card) what should I do to prevent this from happening?
Did you get 5 nights/5K spending offer? Maybe, you can open Chase checking/savings account if you haven’t. If you do have a checking account, you can move up the relationship to a Sapphire or Private client if you can. I am thinking about applying in June using the link as well but hesitant now. I do have 20+ years of relationship with Chase and the Sapphire relationship for last 5 years with $150K in investment account. Some applicants may have a mortgage with Chase too. I wonder applying the credit card off the link that wasn’t targeted for really 2 more free nights is such a big deal that Chase wants to terminate all of the relationship??? Is there actual DP that shutdown really has happened? Or just a speculation? If Chase decides not to honor 5 nights, that would make more sense though.
I aplied using the leaked link and was approved. BTW, I actually have 500K UR points on my accouts, not 50 K as I wrote earlier. I do have personal checking and business checking, but only kept minimum balance required to avoid fees. I also have freedom , ink and IHG card, Yes, I can accept that they reduce 5 free nights to 3, but shutting down all accounts and relationship is brutal, but who knows?
I believe Chase still gives one month to redeem or transfer the UR points in the event of shutdown. It’s devasting but at least better than American Express which wipes out all your MR points without warning. Yeah, no one knows what will happen but I bet the odds must be higher for customers who have only credit cards with Chase.
Good to know , thanks.
Well Chase now controls all of the US across all forms of financial services so there’s no real repercussions for them if they come after you