Published on August 16th, 2018 | by Chuck14
[Expired] [Targeted] Barclays: $15 Bonus for Adding an Authorized User to your Credit Card
Deal has expired, you can view more Barclays deals here.
Barclays is sending out an authorized-user bonus offer on various cards:
- Cardmembers who receive this offer and add an authorized user between 08/14/2018 and 08/28/2018 will earn a $15 statement credit.
The Fine Print
- Primary cardmember is financially responsible for all authorized user purchases and transactions.
- In addition, we may provide account information to the credit bureaus for all account users, which could impact an authorized user’s credit score.
- Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable.
- If you close your account or switch to another product during the promotional period, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion.
- Limit of one $15 statement credit per account.
- To receive the statement credit, the cardmember account must be open, active and in good standing at the time of fulfillment.
- All statement credits earned will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
This offer is targeted. One reader got the offer on their Arrival card and another got it on the Uber card; I assume it’s being sent out as a targeted offer across many/all Barclays cards.
I got more particular with authorized-user bonus offers lately since I’d rather have a cleaner looking credit report, and $15 wouldn’t do it for me. It’s possible there are techniques to add authorized users without it hitting anyone’s credit reports (e.g. it might be that adding someone at a different address won’t result in the card showing on anyone’s credit report).
Hat tip to readers Chris and Alex