Published on August 16th, 2017 | by William Charles64
[Expired?] Upside: Make a $400+ Travel Booking & Get $250 In Gift Cards
Update: Looks like all codes are now only $125 instead of $250 :(.
Must use a referral link, feel free to share & find codes in this linked post.
- Upside Travel is offering a $250 gift card (Amazon, Target, Whole Foods, eBay & more) when you’re a new Upside user, use a referral link and complete a $400 Upside package. You’ll also get whatever gift cards you’d normally earn from Upside (if it’s a cheap booking most likely $15).
The Fine Print
- Only one promo code per transaction.
- Your promotion will be applied at checkout.
- Your gift card total cannot exceed the cost of your trip.
- Your code requires a minimum purchase of $400.
- Your code expires on 12/25/2017.
For those not familiar with Upside I’d recommend reading our review. Basically it allows you to search for flights, hotels and Uber rides and create a ‘package’. What’s different to a normal online travel agency is they are targeted towards corporate customers and aim to save big businesses/corporations money by offering their travelers gift card rewards for taking cheaper options. That way employees are reward with a gift card for taking a ‘worse’ option and businesses/corporations save money.
When I did my initial searching I found Upside more expensive than the competition (before the package savings & gift card rebates). I was actually surprised that Upside priced out so well even when comparing it to other online travel agencies including discounts. I still haven’t booked with them because I prefer other options out there, but if I can find something priced around $400 then I’ll probably jump on this deal. You need to pick two of the following:
- Uber. Let’s you pick one of the following (these are promo codes that must be used during your trip. 12:01 am the day of your flight there until 11:59 pm the day of your flight back):
- Two rides up to $25 each for $50
- Four rides up to $25 each for $100
- 8 rides up to $25 each for $200
- 12 rides up to $25 each for $300
Personally I find it very easy to save a lot of money on hotels (more information here) and much more difficult to save on flights & Uber. If I can find something that is around that $400 price point for those two then this looks like a winner. I haven’t done a lot of research on this deal just yet and I’m assuming prices are still somewhat competitive but could be easily wrong (update after doing a few more searches I was definitely able to find cheaper flight prices else where but there wasn’t a huge difference. Remember that when you get to the final booking price they will also show you the total price which includes the discount they provide you. After taking that into account prices were basically the same and sometimes cheaper). As always it’s super important that you do your own price comparisons for your own routing/deal to make sure it’s competitive.
If anybody has any experience with Upside then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to Extreme Hotel Deals