Published on November 21st, 2016 | by William Charles17
Victoria’s Secret Angel Credit Card Review (Comenity Bank) – Up To 19.8% Back
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Credit Card
- PINK Angel Credit Card
In reality the cards are exactly the same, the only difference is the card design. During the application process you’ll be able to choose what design you prefer. It’s also important to keep in mind that this isn’t a true credit card as it can only be used at Victoria’s Secret stores and online at victoriassecret.com (you can also use it at Bath & Body Works stores as well, but you will not earn points) – it’s not a Visa/Mastercard/American Express that can be used anywhere those payment networks are accepted.
There are actually level levels of cards that are different, this is explained below.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x points per $1 on all bra purchases, excluding clearance and discounted bras. Cannot be combined with other promotions
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases apart from at Bath & Body Works (no points earned)
- Choose three triple point days (see card benefits below for more)
Points are redeemed at the following rates:
- Angel & VIP Cardholders: 250 points = $10 rewards card (4¢ per point)
- Forever cardholders: 150 points = $10 rewards card (6.66¢ per point)
Points will expire 12 months from the date they are earned if no purchases are made for 12 consecutive months.
As mentioned above, there are three levels of cardholders:
- Angel: Basic level, everybody starts at this level
- Angel VIP: Requires 500 points within a rolling 12 month period
- Forever Angel: Requires 1,000 points within a rolling 12 month period
You’ll retain your Angel or Angel VIP status until you reach a higher qualifying status. When you reach Forever Angel status you’ll retain that status for the program year (February 1st – January 31st) and one subsequent program year. You can re-earn the status by earning 1,000 points within that year.
Triple Point Days
You’re able to choose up to three days to earn triple points per program year. A program year is February 1st until January 31st the following year. The number of triple point days depends on the tier status you have:
- Angel Tier = One selected day
- Angel VIP: Two selected days
- Forever Angel: Three select days
Triple point days have to be chosen within 90 days after the purchases are made. You have to call 1.844.3XANGEL (1.844.392.6435) to specify your triple point days. Cannot be combined with other point earning promotions to earn triple points.
Free Shipping On All Orders That Include Bras
Cardholders can get free shipping on all Victoria’s Secret orders that include at least one bra. There are a few things to keep in mind:
- You need to use the coupon code JUST4ANGELS. Apparently this can be stacked with other coupon codes.
- You must pay with your Victoria’s Secret credit card
- It excludes clearance bras (e.g any bras ending in $0.99)
- Alaska, Hawaii and the U.S.Territories: shipping & handling reduced to $4.99
Every year that your card remains active you’ll receive a $10 Birthday Reward. There are no limitations on this birthday reward.
Insider access and Invitations
Insider access and invitations to events throughout the year are only available to Angel VIP & Forever Angel cardholders. If you know more about this benefit then please let us know in the comments below.
Thank you gift every year for our most exclusive angels is available to Forever Angel cardholders only. Feel free to let us know about what gift you’ve received in the past in the comments at the end of this review.
This card basically gives you 4-6.6% back in Victoria’s secret credit per $1 spent (and triple that up to three times a year and on bras), plus a few other benefits. Given that you can only purchase Victoria’s Secret gift cards for ~7% discount this is actually pretty good.
That being said the card comes with no sign up bonus, so there are much better option. One reason people might be interested in this card is because you can use the shopping cart trick to get it without a hard pull, so it’s probably a good option for those who have bad credit and want to get a store card to try and improve it.