Published on November 15th, 2016 | by William Charles5
Some Wells Fargo Credit Cards Now Coming With $150 Bonus (5% & 1.5% Everywhere Cards)
Wells Fargo has added a $150 sign up bonus to some of their credit cards
Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card/Wells Fargo Rewards Card
- Receive a sign up bonus of 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Card earns 5x points on gas, grocery, drugstores for first six months and then 1x on everything
- Points are worth an extra 50% when redeemed for airfare (e.g 30,000 points = $450) [only the Visa signature card has this offer)
- No annual fee
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card
- Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases with no limit
- 1.8% cash back on all Apple Pay & Android Pay purchases for the first twelve months
- No annual fee
- 0% Introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers for first 15 months
- Cash back can be redeemed in increments of $25 ($20 for ATM withdrawals)
- Cell Phone Protection insurance, up to $600 with a $25 deductible
Previously this card came with a sign up bonus of $100, but we have seen targeted bonuses for $200.
It’s no longer possible to put high spend through only the 5% categories on the first six month cards, but a $150 sign up bonus makes them more attractive even if you can’t put a lot of spend through them. $150 isn’t one of the highest cash bonuses, but it also isn’t one of the worst. These cards could make sense for some.
I’m sure you’ll have questions about Wells Fargo credit cards, just make sure you read this post first to see if any of those questions are answered.
Hat tip to reader Don J