Published on February 11th, 2020 | by William Charles23
Wyndham Announces Some Properties To Move Categories (500 Down, 300 Up) – Changes Now In Place
Update 2/11/20: New pricing is now in effect, share any major changes you notice
Today Wyndham has announced that some properties will be moved from the three different tiers/categories they offer (7,500 points per night, 15,000 points per night or 30,000 points per night), these changes will go into effect on February 11th, 2020. Here is what you should know:
- If you book now you’ll automatically receive the lowest pricing (e.g if you book a property before February 11th that increases in price you’ll keep the current price. If you a book a property before February 11th and it decreases in price you’ll automatically receive a refund).
- They are not releasing a list of properties changing category ahead of time, but we know the following:
- 91% of properties (9,200) will not change tier
- 500 properties will move down a tier
- 300 properties will move up a tier (80 of these will be moving from 15,000 to 30,000 points per night, the rest are moving from 7,500 to 15,000)
- Wyndham anticipates this was be a once a year process moving forward
Obviously it’s difficult to know how bad these changes are without having a list of properties, that being said Wyndham is handling this as best you can. They are:
- Providing advanced notice
- Automatically refunding points
Personally I appreciate that type of openness and wish more loyalty programs treated customers with this level of respect, even if negative changes are being made. Last year they introduced these different tiers, before that all properties cost 15,000 points per night.