Published on November 14th, 2017 | by William Charles4
[Expired][YMMV] IHG: 15% Discount On Cash Portion Of Points & Cash Bookings
This deal has expired and is no longer valid.
- IHG is offering a 15% discount on the cash portion of Points & Cash bookings on stays through December 31st, 2017 on bookings made before November 29th, 2017.
The Fine Print
- IHG® Rewards Club members must be logged in to receive 15% savings.
- Must book by 11/29/17.
- Stay dates include 11/27/2017-12/31/2017.
- 15% discount is offered at time of booking and only pertains to the cash cost of bookings.
- Bookings for The Venetian® and The Palazzo® hotels are excluded from discounts.
- This offer is subject to the general IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions.
- Consult Rewards Program Rules and Regulations and product brochure, or your Cardmember Agreement, as applicable, for details.
Not as good as the recent 25% off deal. Still useful for real bookings and can also be used to purchase points. When you make booking it’s made clear that you’re actually purchasing the points and if you cancel your reservation they will redeposit the full points value rather than points + cash. Normal rates are as follows:
- 5,000 points = $30 to $50
- 10,000 points = $60 to $80
- 15,000 points = $89 to $109
- 20,000 points = $115 to $135
Best deal is to purchase 20,000 points for $97.75 (normal rate is $115). That works out to be 0.48875¢ per point.
Hat tip to Loyalty Traveler