Published on May 2nd, 2017 | by William Charles63
Alaska Airlines 30,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit + Free Companion Pass Offer (Now With Direct Link)
Direct link to offer (thanks to yet another redditor for this)
- Sign up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card and receive a sign up bonus of 30,000 miles and a $100 statement credit after $1,000 in spend. They will also now waive the $99 fee if you use the companion ticket in the first year
How To Get Offer
Just use the direct link.
Search for any flight on https://www.alaskaair.com Select a flight Enter passenger information Skip to payment information screen Offer should appear to the right of the credit card payment information screen Booking does not need to be completed.
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x miles per $1 spent on Mileage Plan Dining
- 3x miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, and cargo purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- Coach Companion Fare from $121
- They will sometimes approve you for a Platinum Plus Visa or Preferred Visa card which has different annual fees and sign up bonus
- Free checked bag for you and up to six other passengers on your reservation
- No foreign transaction fees
- The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation you just completed and will be applied 8-12 weeks after you make the qualifying purchases with your new card
Companion Fare Details
This card currently has a limited time offer (until July 10th). Where you get a free companion fare (you just pay taxes and fees). To receive this free companion fare you must spend $1,000 within the first 90 days of account opening (this is also required for the 30,000 miles & $100 bonus).
From year two onwards you also receive a companion fare, but you must pay $99 and taxes and fees. There are some rules to keep in mind for the companion ticket:
- Can be used towards one round-trip coach fare on Alaska Airlines or Virgin America
- Must purchase a paid (e.g no award tickets allowed) published coach airfare on the same itinerary booked at the same time
- Must be booked on alaskaair.com
- Code is automatically applied to the primary cardholders Alaska Airlines My account profile
The previous offer was already one of the best credit card sign up bonuses and it’s only gotten better with this addition. Bank of America has matched bonuses in the past, so if you’ve recently applied and want this new free companion ticket it’s worth asking (most people haven’t had luck getting this particular bonus matched). Before applying for this or any other Bank of America card, I’d recommend reading this post detailing everything you should know about their credit cards. They have also be limiting some people to a maximum of four cards recently.
Hat tip to Frequent Miler