Published on November 25th, 2016 | by William Charles34
[Expired] Kohl’s Money Maker After Rebates
Update: So according to the comments your Visa rebate gift card is just a single card, this makes the deal significantly better as you’re only dealing with one $480 gift card (if you buy all the items) rather than 40 $12 gift cards. You also only need to send out on rebate form instead of 40.
Warning: Personally I think this deal is a massive waste of time and you need to make sure your attention to deal is amazing to make this deal actually work. I’m really only posting because I know a few readers will be able to make this work.
- Kohl’s currently has 8 appliances on sale for $16.99:
- All of these items are eligible for a $12 Visa gift card rebate and you can do this five times per product. If you purchase all 8 appliances 5 times you’ll receive $480 in rebates.
- If you apply NOVSAVE15 you’ll receive a 15% discount and get $15 in Kohl’s cash per $50 spent. This brings your total to ~$612 (your tax might be slightly different) and you’ll have $180 in Kohl’s cash.
- Discover it is offering 5% cash back on department store purchases so you’d earn another $30.6 in cash back (doubled for people in their first year)
- If you go through a shopping portal you can get 10% through eBates for another $61.2 cash back
- You’ll also earn some Yes2YOU rewards points worth another $30 or so
Let’s work out our potential profit:
- $612 + tax for purchasing the items
- $480 in rebates
- $180 in Kohl’s cash
- $30.6/$61.2 in credit card cash back
- $61.2 in portal cash back
- $30 in Yes2YOU Rewards points
That’s around ~$780, but keep in mind you’re getting most of that back in $12 Visa gift cards and that’s a massive pain to deal with. On the upside you’re also getting 40 appliances. Personally I think this deal is a massive waste of time and you need to make sure your attention to deal is amazing to make this deal actually work. I’m really only posting because I know a few readers will be able to make this work.
The Fine Print
- Purchase must be made between 11/24/16–11/25/16 and postmarked by 01/09/17 (not much time left for this at all!)
They have offered similar deals to this in the past (out & out covered it and I linked to it – I’d recommend reading through the comments). I previously described this offer as my own personal version of hell – sending out 50 mail in rebates and receiving 50 small denomination gift cards seems like torture to me. If the items were more practical, I might do it just so I could give the items to a worthy charity but I don’t really think most open need an electric can opener.
Thanks to reader Jake from Statefarm for pointing it out.