Published on May 26th, 2015 | by William Charles42
$20 Amazon Giftcard For Sending $50 With Western Union ($5 Fee) + $20 Referral Bonus
Direct link to offer (note, this is Points With A Crew’s referral link)
- Receive a $20 Amazon gift card when you send $50 or more using Western Union. To receive this promotion you need to use somebodies referral link and enter in your e-mail address, you will then be e-mailed a coupon that needs to be used during sign up.
- You can also receive a $20 Amazon gift card for each person you refer that ends $50 or more (basically meaning you both earn a $20 Amazon gift card) – although you can only refer a limit of 5 people.
The Fine Print
- You’re limited to referring a maximum of five friends
- Your gift card will be sent out within 2-4 weeks after your first transfer
- Expiry date is currently July 30th, 2015 but this seems to be constantly extended.
This is a deal that has been around for awhile, I’ve seen Maximizing Money post about it and more recently Points With A Crew reminded me about this deal. Let’s see if doing this deal makes any sense or not. The cheapest way to send $50 is to send money to somebody in the same currency (Western Union makes money on currency conversions) and send it bank account to bank account, for this Western Union will charge a $4.99 fee.
There are a number of shopping portals that also offer cash back on Western Union transfers, but from what I can tell if you receive a sign up bonus (like the $20 amazon gift card) you will not earn portal cash back. At the end of the day that doesn’t really matter, you’re basically paying $5 to receive a $20 amazon gift card plus the person who referred you will also receive a $20 gift card.
It shouldn’t be difficult hitting the 5 referral limit either, I told a few friends about this deal and offered to give them the $50 back after they transferred it to me and they were more than happy to sign up. Feel free to share your referral links in the comments.