Published on September 9th, 2015 | by Chuck77
22% Cashback with Discover and Apple Pay (23% with DIM, 30% at Department Stores)
We just posted about the deal of the year released by Discover which will offers a 10% cashback bonus on all in-store purchases made until years end when using your Discover card with Apple Pay.
10% + 10% = 20%
We mentioned that the 10% will likely be doubled at year’s end. This was confirmed by the Discover media team on Twitter that the cashback will be doubled at year’s end.
@MilesperDay Absolutely! You’ll certainly get all of your current card benefits! We hope you’re as excited as we are. *Kels
— Discover (@Discover) September 10, 2015
11% + 11% = 22%
Speculation ensued whether the 10% is in addition to the ordinary 1% or it’s instead of the 1%. We reached out to Discover again on Twitter and they clarified that the 10% is in addition to the ordinary rewards.
This is great news – we’ll get 11% immediately and another 11% at years end for up to $10,000 in purchases with Apple Pay. That’s up to $2,200 total per Discover card.
11.5% + 11.5% = 23%
If you have the Discover IT Miles card, you get 1.5% back (“miles” they call it) on all purchases which gets doubled at years end for new cardmembers. You’ll get 11.5% back on all Apple Pay purchases now and it will get doubled at year’s end.
15% + 15% = 30%
You may be able to get 30% back if you can find a store which gets 5% back for the quarterly category. You’d get 15% immediately and an additional 15% at year’s end. We hope to have a post up soon with more details.
- Discover 10% Bonus with Apple Pay, $2,000 Profit per Discover Card!
- 22% Cashback with Discover and Apple Pay (23% with DIM, 30% at Department Stores)
- Which Q4 5% Discover Categories Accept Apple Pay?
- Discover Referral Links Go Here
- Discover Extends Double Cashback Offer for New Cardmembers, Should We Bite?
- Discover’s Apple Pay Deal and the New Gift Card Exclusion
- Discover Enforces Gift Card Exclusion, With Slight Leeway
- Maximizing the Apple Pay Promo without Gift Cards
Update: Please don’t referral spam your links in the comments. I’ve removed links that provided no value apart from referral links.